Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Home Alone (or mostly so...)

Well, dear reader, it appears I am on a writing high. Partially because my lively and precarious toddler is away for about a week. You may be grinning, thinking "now that's the life", but I'm missing him and terribly so. However, he is in caring and loving hands so I'm left with nothing to fear..

Therefore, my youngest has the attention of her wonderful mother and father all to herself for about a week. Here are some things I've noticed in our short time as the "3 of us" this last day and half:

1. Our baby is more attached now than ever before.
2. Her interest in playing with toys has emerged (or her fear has dissipated).
3. No one knows just what to do with our extra time or the deafening quiet.
4. Little princess does not like shots but she does like chicken nuggets.

All-in-all, it's been a good day, even if I think of my baby boy every moment of the day. I better work on this whole, momma needs her babies near, because the day will come soon enough when they leave for college, careers, marriages, and babies of their own. And yet, what an incredible moment each of those life events will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment